Lovedale was a mission station and educational institute in the Victoria East division of the Cape Province, South Africa. It lies 1720 feet above sea level on the banks of the Tyhume River, a tributary of the Keiskamma River, some 2 miles north of Alice.
Definition #2 for "lovedale"
a mission station in South Africa, 650 m. NE. of Cape Town, founded in 1841, and supported by the Free Church of Scotland.